Simply Red Sauce – Cranberry Sauce (FP)
The perfect topping for this Holiday Season! This recipe bears the title, Simply Red because it is so super simple and quick to make and requires only a few basic ingredients. Cranberries are what give it that gorgeous hue.
Servings: 6 or more
– 3 cups cranberries (frozen or fresh)
– 1 cup water
– 4 squirts vanilla extract
– 1/8 tsp THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (Add a couple more doonks if you like your sauce more sweet than tart.)
1. Place cranberries and water in a large enough sauce pan so the cranberries can spread out and cook faster.
2. Bring to a boil then turn down to an easy simmer.
3. Once berries get a little soft (which happens pretty quickly) get a kitchen utensil and start to squash them while in the pan. (We use a potato mashing thingy, but just use whatever you think does the job. You could use a blender and blend the cranberries first, but that is not as simple because then you’ll have to wash the blender and smashing hot bursting berries is fun like a game at Chucky Cheese!)
4. Leave sauce to simmer with the lid off until it reduces slightly now add your sweetener and vanilla, taste test and adjust if needed – you’re done!
To kick this Simply Red Sauce into extra gourmet mode (and make family and friends think that you have slaved in the kitchen) you could add a drop or two of therapeutic grade, wild orange essential oil to the sauce after you have removed it from the stove. But simply dolloped on Monday morning oatmeal makes the mundane extraordinary. Our children love it that way!
If you have any left overs, place in a jar and it keeps in the fridge for a week maybe more, but around here this has never lasted that long.
NSI (if using a store-bought, on-plan stevia or sweetener)
The Simply Red Sauce – Cranberry Sauce recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com