Deviled Eggs (S)
This easy appetizer is always a crowd pleaser. If you’d like to dress up your Deviled Eggs for your Holiday occasion, we’ve given you some garnish ideas below.
Servings: 6 or more
– 6 to 12 large eggs
– 3 Tbsp mayonnaise (6 Tbsp if using 12 eggs)
– creole seasoning
OPTIONAL GARNISH IDEAS:
– Bacon pieces
– Capers and fresh dill
– Fresh chives
– Fresh parsley
– Green onion
– Olive slices
– Pickled okra
– Pickled jalepeños
1. Fill a medium to large saucepan to the half way point with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Put the eggs in the boiling water and boil for 10 minutes.
3. Run under cool water to cool the eggs, then peel them when cool enough to handle.
4. Cut each egg down the center lengthwise and scoop the yolks into a bowl. Place the whites on a large plate.
5. Mix the mayo with the yolks, then sprinkle ever so lightly with the creole seasoning (dont use too much or the eggs will taste too salty). Fill the cavities of the whites with the yolk mixture.
6. Sprinkle lightly with paprika and/or cayenne pepper.
7. Garnish, if desired.
The Deviled Eggs recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at