Sausage Balls (S)
These flavorful balls are great either hot or cold, enjoy them as part of a quick grab out of the fridge breakfast or snack or enjoy hot as the main protein portion of your dinner. Theyre a hit at parties too! This is a family-size recipe that makes about 80 sausage balls. The recipe will serve 6 to 8 people with leftovers for the rest of the week .
Servings: 6 to 8; Approximately 80 Sausage Balls
– 2 lbs ground sausage
– 1/2 cup THM Baking Blend (or a combination of almond flour and oat fiber or coconut flour)
– 1/2 medium onion (very finely diced), or 1/4 cup dried minced onion mixed with 1/4 cup water
– 1 egg
– 8 oz cheddar cheese
– 1 & 1/2 tsp mineral salt
– 1 tsp onion powder (and/or garlic powder)
– 1 tsp sage (ground)
– 1 tsp black pepper
– 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (only needed if you don’t use spicy sausage)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. The fastest results will be with your hands. Squeeze the mixture into balls with those same sticky hands. Place the balls on 2 parchment lined 9 × 13-inch baking sheets.
3. Bake for 20 minutes. Some of the cheese will melt out during the baking, but thats okayit makes them even yummier.
4. Use a spoon to push the melted cheese back toward each ball (you dont have to get fussy about ityou just dont want to waste any cheese). Return the balls to the oven and broil the top of the balls for 3 to 5 more minutes, watching carefully so they dont burn.
The Sausage Balls recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at