Amazing Flatbread (S)
This “naan-inspired” flatbread recipe was created by our feisty and amazing THM Remote Staffer Cindy Young. Got a feeling this recipe is gonna rock your world! Skillet fried or grilled, these flat breads will be the perfect vehicle for scrambled eggs, or a sammie for lunch. Top ’em with your regular salad favorites like natural deli meat or chicken and veggies or Peanut Junkie Butter and Slim Belly Jelly. You can also use them as gyros or even mini pizzas! Or, you could tear off chunks and scoop up some of Serene’s Tahinah for a healthy and delicious snack! Any way you serve them, they are sure to become a family favorite!
Serving Size: Makes 4 Flatbreads
– 1/2 cup THM Baking Blend
– 1 Tablespoon THM Whole Husk Psyllium Flakes (*Note: Grind into powder and then measure out 1 Tablespoon.)
– 1/2 teaspoon Mineral Salt
– 2 Tablespoons THM Oat Fiber
– 1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
– 1/2 Tablespoon avocado oil (or, extra virgin olive oil – EVOO)
– 3/4 cup HOT water
– Coconut or olive oil cooking spray
1. Mix Baking Blend, psyllium powder, mineral salt, oat fiber, and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Add avocado oil (or EVOO) and HOT water. Mix well.
3. Divide dough into 4 portions.
4. Roll each piece out between 2 pieces of parchment paper to about 6″. (Cindy uses her cast iron tortilla press for a “perfect” circle.)
5. Heat up a non-stick skillet on medium-high and use a generous spray of coconut oil cooking spray, or alternately use a small drizzle of avocado oil or EVOO.
6. When the oil is hot, add one flatbread and cook till bottom is lightly brown and speckled. Flip and repeat. The bread will puff up nicely and holds up to a variety of fillings.
7. Store the leftovers in a zippie bag separated by paper towels.
1. Follow steps 1 through 4 above.
2. Spray the bottom of the flatbreads with coconut oil or EVOO.
3. Place the sprayed sides down onto a preheated to medium grill. Spray the tops once the flatbreads are in place.
4. Grill on medium so that the dough actually cooks. Flip when lightly brown.