Pea Salad (S)
Peas are slightly higher in carbs than other non-starchy vegetables, but if you have made some good progress managing your weight, you may include them in your meals in moderate doses. This salad goes well as a side to salmon or white fish meals and is very quick and simple.
Serving Size: Approximately 4 people
– 1 or 2 cans (15-ounce) sweet peas (you can also use fresh or frozen)
– 1/2 small onion (finely diced)
– 2 to 3 ounces cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese (a bit more than 1/4 of an 8-ounce block)
– Mayonnaise (enough to coat)
1. Drain the canned peas and place into a bowl. (If using fresh or frozen: cook, cool and drain before placing into the bowl.)
2. Add the finely diced onion.
3. Cube the cheese. Add to the bowl.
4. Add enough mayo to coat well. Carefully mix all the ingredients to prevent smashing the peas.