Wipe Your Mouth BBQ (E or FP)
This is a smack-your-lips, sweet heat, wipe-that-mouth saucy BBQ that makes your busy season so much less stressful! Just throw the ingredients in your crockpot in the morning and you no longer have to worry about dinner. The traditional E version is perfect on sprouted rolls or over brown rice with steamed veggies on the side. Or, simply throw some finely cut cabbage in with your sandwich if you want less fuss. This recipe was first featured in our Trim Healthy Mama cookbook but now we have a FP-version. To make Wipe Your Mouth BBQ FP-style, please see the Recipe Notes below.
Serving Size: Family-size; Approximately 6-8
– 2 & 1/2 lbs chicken breast (boneless, thawed and drained)
– 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
– 4 teaspoons onion powder
– 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
– 3 Tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
– 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 3 Tablespoons paprika
– 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
– 3 teaspoons Mineral Salt
– 1 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
– 2 teaspoons blackstrap molasses
– 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
– 4 teaspoons THM Super Sweet Blend (or 4 doonks Pure Stevia Extract)
– Extra 1 Tablespoon THM Super Sweet Blend (if making the recipe FP-version)
– 1/2 teaspoon Natural Burst Pineapple Extract (if making the recipe FP-version)
1. Place the chicken in the crock pot.
2. Place all other ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
3. Add the sauce to the crock pot and cook on low heat all day or on high heat for 5 to 6 hours.
4. Once the chicken is cooked, shred it and mix it into the sauce. Let sit in the sauce (to soak up the BBQ sauce) for 10 to 15 minutes, then serve.
FP-Style Wipe Your Mouth BBQ:
If you’d prefer to make this recipe FP-style, simply remove the pineapple from the recipe and add in 1/2 teaspoon Pineapple Burst extract along with an extra Tablespoon of Super Sweet Blend.
ALTERNATE DIRECTIONS FOR PREPARING THIS IN AN ELECTRONIC PRESSURE COOKER:
Followed the recipe exactly. Then 15 minutes using the manual setting, NR (natural release).
FOR FREEZER-TO-CROCK PREP:
Label frozen bag of chicken breasts or tenderloins as “Wipe Your Mouth BBQ – E/FP” with a Sharpie. Blend all the other ingredients and pour into another freezer bag. Label the freezer bag with recipe name and put both bags in freezer. The morning before cooking (24-hours prior), put both bags in the refrigerator to thaw. Next morning, pour out excess fluid from the chicken and place the chicken in the crock pot. Add the sauce.
NSI (If using a store-bought, plan-approved sweetener.)