Basic Quiche (S)
This is our “retro quiche” from the first BIG Trim Healthy Mama book! You won’t miss the crust on this quiche. Several variations are given in the Recipe Notes area using the ingredients from the basic foundation. You can create a high protein dish for an evening meal or a delicious breakfast that will impress visitors! The various quiche ideas are made even more delicious by finely slicing tomatoes and placing them in a single layer on top. Season the tomatoes generously with mineral salt, black and red pepper, and Italian seasonings. The tomatoes crisp nicely for an added gourmet texture.
Serving Size: Family-serve; Feeds 6 to 8
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BASIC FOUNDATION:
– 12 whole eggs
– 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (or, cheese of choice)
– Mineral Salt
– Black pepper
– Coconut oil cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray or grease an 11×13 baking pan and set aside.
2. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk thoroughly.
3. Add the grated cheese and any of the variation ingredients found in the Recipe Notes area.
4. Add mineral salt and black pepper (to taste).
5. Pour into the baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes.
– Chopped spinach and bacon bits.
– Turkey or chicken sausage with finely cut green onion and green peppers.
– Canned salmon and spinach (omit cheese for this one).
– Ground beef and drained small can of green chilies and tomatoes.
– Sliced natural deli meats, olives, and mushrooms.
– Any leftovers such as baked or pulled chicken, broccoli, and finely diced onion.
– Top with finely sliced tomatoes and season them well with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
This is a NSI (no special ingredients) recipe.
The Basic Quiche recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com