Gabriella’s Cheesy Ham or Turkey Casserole – S
This recipe is by Gabriella C., the 2019 Trim Healthy You Curriculum Holiday Recipe Contest winner for the Intermediate category. Perfect for Holiday leftovers! Don’t let your turkey or ham leftovers go to waste. Turn them into this delightful creation by brilliant and creative Gabriella! This is a very rich-tasting recipe, what we would call a Heavy S on the THM plan. But Heavy S recipes are just the thing for Holiday celebrations or for any time when we all need to feel blessed, comforted, and indulged. To lighten the meal a little, serve alongside a green leafy salad!
Serving Size: Family-serve; Feeds Approximately 4 to 6
– 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
– 1/2 cup mayo
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 2 & 1/2 cups diced, cooked ham or turkey (1/2 cup set aside for topping)
– 12 ounce bag frozen cauliflower rice (see the Recipe Note)
– 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (divided in half)
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– Dash of pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Steam the frozen bag of cauliflower rice for 5-minutes. Place the steamed “rice” into a colander and drain well by pressing down on the “rice” with the back of a serving spoon. Set aside.
3. While steaming the cauliflower rice, mix well the softened cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
4. Add 2 cups of the ham (or turkey), steamed/drained cauliflower rice, and 1/2 of the shredded cheddar cheese. Mix well.
5. Place into a greased pan or casserole dish.
6. Top with the remaining ingredients (can substitute bacon for the ham or turkey in the topping).
7. Bake at 350° F for 30-40 minutes.
Fresh or frozen (without being steamed) cauliflower can be used, but results will vary. For best results, use the method as stated in the instructions.
* Gabriella’s Cheesy Ham or Turkey Casserole recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com