Pumpkin Pie French Toast Casserole (E)
This recipe is by Adalee Shriver, the 2019 Trim Healthy You Curriculum Holiday Recipe Contest winner for the Beginner category. Perfect for large families, family Holiday gatherings, or to cut into individual servings and enjoy all week long any time of the year. This scrumptious dish is easy to prep-ahead the night before to pop in the oven the next morning while tending to other Holiday festivities!
Serving Size: Family-serve; Feeds Approximately 10
– 1 loaf sourdough or sprouted bread
– 1 & 1/2 cups egg whites
– 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
– 1/4 cup THM Gentle Sweet
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 3 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
– 2 teaspoons cinnamon
– 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ginger
– 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
– 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon allspice
– 1/8 teaspoon Mineral Salt (optional)
1. Spray your favorite 9 x 13 pan with coconut oil.
2. Cut the bread into cubes and place in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together and pour over the bread cubes. Mix until all the cubes are coated. Put in the pan and refrigerate overnight.
4. When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350∞ F. Bake 45 to 60 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
5. Children can top with maple syrup. For those in weight-loss mode, top with your favorite on-plan syrup.
For a Crossover add butter and pecans.
* Adalee’s Pumpkin Pie French Toast Casserole recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com