Trim Healthy Apple (or Pear) Butter (E)
You’re going to “Fall” in love with Trim Healthy Apple (or Pear) Butter! This Trim Healthy Mama version is thick and creamy and adds a moist sweetness to E foods. We need our good carbs, Mamas! Sure, we THM’s enjoy our fats but God made fruit for a reason – let’s make wise use of it! Trim Healthy Apple (or Pear) Butter is fabulous swirled into Greek Yogurt, on sprouted or sour dough toast, and of course… with Trim Healthy Pancakes!
This recipe is simple enough for a Drive Thru Sue but pure enough for our Mamas who only eat whole food recipes. Apples are at their best and least expensive during this season and this is a great way to use up some of those “less than pretty” apples that your kids aren’t too excited about eating. Pears would also be a great twist in this recipe. Pears are rich in important antioxidants, flavonoids, and dietary fiber that support healthy digestion.
Serving Size: Multiple-serve; Makes approximately 1.5 cups
– 3 pounds (or 8 cups) of apples or pears, peeled, cored and sliced
– 2 teaspoons cinnamon (you could add other spices too such as nutmeg)
– 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
– 1/4 teaspoon Mineral Salt
– THM sweetener, to taste (Start with 2 or 3 doonks, if using the THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder… taste, then add more if you prefer it sweeter. That is equivalent to starting with 2 or 3 teaspoons of THM Super Sweet Blend or 2 to 3 Tablespoons THM Gentle Sweet.)
– Vanilla, Caramel, or other favorite Natural Burst Extract, to taste (Approx 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon.)
1. Place apples (or pears) in saucepan and cover with water.
2. Bring to a boil then simmer on low until apples are soft (takes 30 to 35 minutes).
3. Strain apples (or pears) well in a colander then put into a blender or food processor and puree. Add all other ingredients being sure to check for desired sweetness.
4. Place in sealed jar or other container and keep in refrigerator.
The Trim Healthy Apple or Pear Butter recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com