Trim Healthy Pumpkin Butter (FP)
Nothing says Fall quite like “pumpkin” and this pumpkin butter is amazing! Trim Healthy Pumpkin Butter is perfect for spreading on sprouted or sourdough toast or other favorite “on plan” bread & baked goods such as Trim Healthy Pancakes or Waffles or muffins! Fruit butters contain less sugar than most desserts, and also less than jams, jellies, and preserves. Pumpkin is rich in beta-carotene, which is converted to Vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is good for eye, skin and immune health. Pumpkin is also high in fiber and water, so it is both hydrating and helps you feel full longer.
Serving Size: Multiple-serve; Makes approximately 2 (8-ounce) jars
– 1 (29-ounce) can pumpkin puree (not the pumpkin pie mix)
– 1 & 1/2 cup water
– 3/4 cup THM Gentle Sweet plus 1 teaspoon THM Super Sweet Blend (adjust sweetener to your personal taste)
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon ginger
– 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
– 1 pinch cloves
1. Combine the pumpkin puree with the sweetener and spices and mix well. Choose one of the following cooking methods below to create your pumpkin butter.
2. After cooking, place the pumpkin butter into 2-8 ounce glass jelly jars and store in the refrigerator. This should keep for up to a week.
1. Place the sweetened pumpkin mixture in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to a quick boil and then cook/simmer over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 1-2 hours, keeping an eye on the mixture so that the bottom does not burn.
3. Cook/simmer until thick enough so the butter doesn’t run off a spoon when turned upside down.
1. Place the sweetened pumpkin mixture in a slow cooker with lid partially offset to let steam escape.
2. Set at low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-12 hours or overnight, or until thick enough so the butter doesn’t run off a spoon when turned upside down.
1. Heat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Place the sweetened pumpkin mixture in a heatproof casserole dish or roaster.
3. Bake, stirring every 30 minutes, for 1-3 hours or until thick enough so the butter doesn’t run off a spoon when turned upside down.
– Spread on sprouted, sourdough or other on plan bread of choice
– Slathered on THM Waffles, THM Pancakes, or THM French Toast
– Stirred into oatmeal or Greek yogurt swirls
– As a dip for fresh fruit
– Whipped into smoothies
– Baked into cookies, muffins, or cakes
The Trim Healthy Pumpkin Butter recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com