Autumn Spiced Trimmy (FP)
This is an extra-large, frothy fall latté with all the goodness of chamomile and festive spices that dance over your taste buds like a kaleidoscope of falling leaves. Add it to any meal or snack to give you more filling factor without piling on needless calories. Weve been doing research into chamomile and this humble herb is blowing our minds! Did you know chamomile tea is not just for calming tummies and fighting anxiety? It may be one of the most potent cancer fighters God made, especially for thyroid and breast cancers. A recent study showed that extracts of chamomile cause significant reductions in human cancer cells, without adversely affecting normal healthy cells. If you drink between two and six cups a week, your risk of thyroid cancer can plunge by 70%. The more you drink it, the lower your cancer risk.
– 1 chamomile tea bag
– 2 cups boiling water
– 2 tsp THM Gentle Sweet (or 1 tsp of THM Super Sweet Blend, might want a bit more, if you don’t have stevia)
– 1 doonk THM Pure Stevia Extract (optional, use if you like things sweeter)
– 2 pinches mineral salt
– 6 to 8 doonks pumpkin pie spice
– 1 doonk THM Simply Sunflower Lecithin (optional, but not as necessary if using whey protein powder)
– 1 tsp THM Integral Collagen (optional for those who may not have this supplement)
– 1 tsp THM MCT oil (or 1/2 tsp extra virgin coconut oil)
– 1 tsp THM Pristine Protein Powder
1. Place tea bag in 2 cups of boiling water and allow to brew for two or three minutes. It is preferable to brew in an insulated coffee mug or a mug topped with a lid so the tea does not get too cool.
2. Add all of the other ingredients to the blender, except for the whey protein powder.
3. Pour the tea into the blender and whiz on low… add your teaspoon of whey protein powder and then let it all whiz a little longer.
4. Pour into a mug and enjoy.
*Please review and follow the manufacturer’s instructions on using hot liquids in your blender, or use a tall heatproof cup and an immersion blender. Our Trimmaccino’s do allow for a natural venting of steam when removing the lid to add whey powder. Make sure to start the blender on low, not high.
For those who cannot tolerate whey protein powder, or who may not like their “Trimmy” so frothy, just leave out the whey. If you omit the whey protein powder, the collagen and sunflower lecithin will be necessary, not optional.
You will also have to adjust the sweetness by pulling it back just a little. You might want to take out 1 doonk of the pumpkin pie spice, too. This is due to the fact that they whey covers up flavors and so you’ll need less of the aforementioned ingredients when not using it.
The Pristine Whey Protein powder used in this recipe makes a wonderful creamy froth on top. If you have the whey protein, you dont really need the sunflower lecithin… so dont fret if you dont have all the ingredients listed. If you have all three…whey protein, collagen, and sunflower lecithin…feel free to add them all and it will be all the more creamy and delicious. If you dont have any whey protein powder on hand, you can use sunflower lecithin and collagen for a creamy, but less frothy drink great for dairy-free Mamas.
Youll notice this is the Light-version of a Trimmy. We are making it light because as you enter into the eating season, you will likely be having some richer foods and this brings balance. Feel free to make it a Rich-version by adding a full 2 to 3 teaspoons of oil versus the 1 that we call for here. We call for a “doonk” in some of our measurements…a doonk equals 1/32 of a teaspoon.
The Autumn Spiced Trimmy recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com and you can also watch Serene and Pearl make this recipe by tuning into THM TV – “In the Kitchen”. Look for the title “Trimmy Therapy” to learn more about the “Trimmy” and how to fill your tummy with all of the warm, soothing goodness that comes from having a Trimmy every day!