Gingerbread Snowball Cookies (S)
If you love gingerbread or spice cookies, then this cookie recipe is the one for you! Some might find these reminiscent of the “Russian Cookies” or the “Mexican Wedding Cakes” that they grew up enjoying every year at Christmas. Dunk these little balls of goodness into a steaming mug of Hot Chocolate Trimmaccino for an extra bit of holiday cheer!
Servings: 2 to 3 dozen cookies; depending on size
– 2 cups THM Baking Blend
– 3/4 cup THM Gentle Sweet (plus approximately 1/4th a cup more for snowball rolling)
– 3 eggs
– 6 to 8 Tbsp melted butter (or coconut oil)
– 1 tsp blackstrap molasses (for flavoring)
– 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 3 to 4 tsp ground ginger
– 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
– 1 tsp ground allspice
– 1/4 tsp mineral salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until it begins to form a dough. (The dough should be soft and workable with your hands.)
3. Spoon out a full teaspoon of dough into your hands and roll the dough into a ball. Depending on how full your teaspoon is youíll get approximately 24-36 cookie balls.
4. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on how soft or hard youíd like your cookie to be.
5. When removing your cookie from the oven, roll immediately into a bowl that has approximately 1/4 cup of the THM Gentle Sweet.
6. Place onto a cooling tray to cool… Enjoy with your favorite Trimmy!
The Gingerbread Snowball Cookies recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com