Holiday Eggnog (S)
A true staple of the Christmas season is EGGNOG! This rich and creamy drink would be an amazing addition to your party menu or for a special night at home with the family. Hang up your stockings by a crackling fire, while you sip some warm Holiday Eggnog. This is a Heavy S, so save it for a couple of special occasions during this wonderful time of the year. This recipe makes over one quart of Holiday Eggnog. For a larger family, or company, double or triple the recipe! Serve hot or enjoy cold.
– 4 cups unsweetened almond milk (divided; reserve 1/2 for later in the recipe)
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)
– 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 6 egg yolks
– 4 Tbsp THM Super Sweet Blend
– 1 dash THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
– 1 cup heavy cream
1. Start by pouring 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk into a saucepan along with cinnamon and/or pumpkin pie spice and heat on medium-low until it comes to a gentle boil.
2. Separate the yolks from 6 eggs and put them in separate bowl. Mix sweetener in with the eggs.
3. Remove saucepan from the heat and slowly ladle hot almond milk into egg mixture while gently whisking constantly. You will want to do this step nice and slow so that your eggs dont curdle.
4. After it is all incorporated, return the saucepan to the stove on low heat and heat for 3 to 4 minutes more. DO NOT BOIL!
5. Remove from saucepan and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
6. Once chilled, add the vanilla, 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and two more cups of unsweetened almond milk.
7. Blend it all in a blender to fully incorporate the egg mixture, but this step is not required if you dont feel like you need it.
8. Taste for sweetness and add more sweetener, if desired.
NSI (if using store-bought, on-plan sweetener)
The Holiday Eggnog recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at