Lazy Lasagna (S)
We’ve included this recipe in our Holiday Recipe Collection for those who like to step outside the box of normal traditions… or perhaps decide that they’re a bit tired of turkey by the time Christmas Day or New Year’s Day comes around. Pearl Chats: “Ive made plenty of zucchini and eggplant lasagnas in the last few years that fit S mode, but those types of lasagnas require me to pre-cut up the veggies into thin flat layers as faux noodles and sometimes also require pre-cooking of the veggies. Im so over that. These days my life is way too busy for extra steps. I need ultra-easy meals, so I thought about spinach. Its super cheap when you buy it in frozen bricks, it doesn’t require cutting hmmm couldnt that work as a lasagna noodle layer? My children are not the hugest spinach fans, but they scarf this down and tell me it is the best lasagna ever! This is my go to lasagna now; Ive ditched all the others.” This is a family-size recipe that will serve 6 to 8 people.
Servings: 6 to 8
– 2 lbs ground meat
– 24 oz spaghetti sauce (no-sugar added; or, *pizza sauce)
– 1 & 1/2 tsp dried oregano
– 1/2 tsp mineral salt
– 1 tsp onion powder
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
– 1 doonk THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (optional)
– 20 oz frozen spinach (chopped and thawed)
– 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
– 14 oz 1% cottage cheese
– 2 eggs
– 8 oz part skim mozzarella cheese (grated)
– 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (for sprinkling over top)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Brown the meat in a large skillet over high heat, then drain off any excess fat if necessary. Add the sauce and seasonings, and simmer over low heat for several minutes.
3. Put the spinach in a colander and squeeze and push to get all the liquid out.
4. Put the cream cheese, cottage cheese, and eggs in a food processor and process until smooth.
5. Layer half the meat sauce in the bottom of a 9 × 13-inch baking dish. Top with half the cheese mixture, then layer on half the spinach. Follow with half the grated mozzarella. Repeat the layers, ending with the mozzarella. Top with a good sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. Bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly.
*Walmart’s Great Value Pizza Sauce only has 3 net carbs.
NSI (if using a store-bought, on-plan stevia or sweetener)
The Lazy Lasagna recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at