Sweet Potato Casserole (E)
This is a Trim Healthy Mama Community recipe submitted by Shannon Sikes. This is a delicious holiday side dish. You might have noticed that most of our recipes on our THM Holiday Menu are S recipes. We want you to enjoy the Holidays and be satisfied and content! However, for those of us planning to enjoying a Crossover meal for our Holiday feast – this E side would be the perfect way to do that!
Servings: 10 to 12 people
– 6 sweet potatoes (baked, peeled, and mashed)
– 1/2 cup THM Gentle Sweet (or the equivalent of your sweetener of choice)
– 3 fresh egg whites (or carton egg whites)
– 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp mineral salt (optional)
– 1 cup THM Gentle Sweet (or Truvia)
– 3/4 tsp blackstrap molasses
– 1/8 tsp caramel extract (or butterscotch or rum extract)
– 1 cup oats
– 1/3 cup oat flour (or grind rolled outs in a blender)
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 8 tsp butter (melted)
– 1/4 tsp mineral salt (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
2. Combine potato ingredients with a hand mixer and put mixture in baking dish. (Shannon bakes the sweet potatoes a day ahead of time to save time.)
3. In another bowl; combine sweetener, molasses and extract together to make “brown sugar”. Then stir in all other topping ingredients to make a crumble.
4. Pour crumble evenly over the top of potatoes.
5. Bake for 35 minutes.
TIME SAVING TIP:
You could also combine all the topping ingredients (except butter) and store them in a baggie till the next day.
If you make this into 8 servings, the 8 teaspoons of melted butter used in the topping is the entire amount of your added fat for an E meal.
NSI (if using store-bought, on-plan sweetener)
The Sweet Potato Casserole recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com