Pearl chats: “This decadent dish wins over reluctant husbands by the thousands! Anyway you like your cheeseburger can apply to this pie. You could include a layer of finely diced sautéed onions, dill pickles, jalapeños, or even a layer of tomatoes to the basic recipe. Our children love to top this pie with a little mustard and a lot of ketchup. Serve it with a large side salad and you’ve got dinner!” This recipe is found on page 326 of the original Trim Healthy Mama book and page 149 of the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook.
- Brown ground meat and drain the fat.
- Add onion powder and mineral salt. (Alternatively, use 1 packet onion soup mix instead of onion powder and salt. It makes it taste fantastic, but is not as healthy and has a couple of carbs.)
- Place meat mixture in casserole dish and stir in half of the grated cheese.
- Place layer of any optional mentioned ingredients over meat and cheese combination, or skip this step for a more basic pie.
- In another bowl beat eggs, mayo, heavy cream, mineral salt, and black pepper.
- Pour mix over the ingredients already added to the dish and then top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Serve with either, or both, a side salad and steamed buttery vegetables.