Candied Pecans (S)
Candied pecans are a staple at many Christmas parties! Why should we be deprived of such a delicious treat? These make great gifts for teachers, bus drivers, family members, or friends! Take them along to a party for a sweet and scrumptious treat!
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 Tbsp carton egg whites (or one fresh egg white)
– 2 cups pecans (halves)
– 2 Tbsp THM Super Sweet Blend
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp mineral salt
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
2. Beat vanilla and egg whites until frothy.
3. Stir in pecans until they are coated with egg white mixture and then pour in cinnamon/sweetener/salt mixture and stir until evenly coated.
4. Pour onto a well-greased baking sheet or you can line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
5. Bake at 225 for 1 & 1/2 hours stirring every 20 minutes or so until well browned.
6. Remove from oven and separate pieces BEFORE they cool. They will get crunchy once cooled.
7. Package these in air-tight jars or Ziploc bags so they stay fresh.
– The amounts of salt and sweeteners in this recipe provide a mild flavor, but you can boost the amounts if you want a stronger salty or sweet flavor.
Make sure you check out our delicious Winter Sunshine Salad. You can use these Candied Pecans as a topping! This is a wonderful treat that will help you fight the urge to pick up a quick snack that is off plan. Keep these on hand as you travel, go shopping or head to a Christmas get-together!
NSI (if using store-bought, plan-approved sweetener)
The Candied Pecans recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at