Caprese Salad (S)
This is a refreshingly light summer salad that is a breeze to throw together if you are the Drive Thru Sue type and opt to buy fresh, pre-spiralzed zucchini. Whether you buy the pre-spiralized version or prefer doing that yourself at home, this salad is sure to become a family favorite!
Serving Size: Feeds 6 to 8 people
– 3 medium-sized zucchini, spiralized and cut for bite-size
– 1-pint cherry tomatoes, halved
– 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, cubed in 1/2″ pieces
– 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
– 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
– 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– Mineral Salt, to taste
1. Combine zucchini noodles, tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil in a medium bowl.
2. Immediately before serving, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and Mineral Salt.
3. Drizzle over salad tossing gently.