Cauli Potato Salad (S)
Great recipe for barbecue get-togethers in the summer months! Goes great with burgers. For a more flavorful salad, roast or sauté the cauliflower. Don’t be put off by the word “cauli” here. This really is fantastic.
Serving Size: Family-serve; 6 to 8 people
– 2-16 oz frozen bags or 2 fresh heads cauliflower
– 5 whole eggs (hard-boiled, peeled, and chopped)
– 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or, 1/4 cup mayo & 1/4 cup Greek yogurt)
– 1/2 medium onions (finely diced)
– 2 stalks celery
– Handful bacon bits (optional)
– Diced dill pickles (optional)
– Creole seasoning (to taste) (optional)
– Mineral Salt (to taste)
– Black pepper (to taste)
1. Lightly steam 2 bags frozen cauliflower (or 2 fresh heads of cauliflower) do not let cauliflower get mushy.
2. Boil 5 eggs and peel off shells. Dice eggs and place in bowl.
3. Transfer cooked cauliflower to bowl and cut any big pieces to resemble the size of diced potatoes.
4. Add 1/2 finely diced onion and optional diced pickle.
5. Add Creole seasoning, or Mineral Salt, and black pepper.
6. Add enough mayonnaise (and/or optional Greek yogurt) to coat everything well. Mix all ingredients together without mashing too much.