Cauli Rice Tabbouleh (S)
Serving Size: Feeds 6 to 8 people as a side dish.
(Serves 4 as a main dish with added protein such as cooked chicken pieces.)
– 1 fresh, (16 –ounce) bag of cauli crumbles or a medium head cauliflower, riced
– 1/2 to 1 large cucumber, finely diced
– 1 large tomato, finely diced
– 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
– 2 Tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped (optional)
– 3 Tablespoons chopped Kalamata olives (optional)
– 3 Tablespoons feta, crumbled (optional)
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 3 to 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
– Mineral Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine all the vegetables and optional ingredients (if using) in a bowl.
2. Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
3. Pour dressing over vegetables, tossing gently to combine.
4. Chill for an hour or more for flavors to marry before serving.
A fantastic tweak to this salad is to use cooked cauliflower rice in place of raw. Give it a try some time and see which way you like best.