Cry-No-More Brownies (S)
Wipe away your grieving tears over the loss of brownies. We’ll admit that healthy versions too often do not taste like the real thing, with their weird, catch-in-your-throat texture and bitterness. It’s enough to make you cry. Well, cry no more, Mama, ’cause the brownies you have been pining for… are back! Not only will they soothe a real sweet tooth but they will also soothe your stomach lining with their healing ingredients and lower your blood sugar levels. They’ll help you keep the weight off, not on. Yeehah!!
Serving Size: Multiple-serve
– Coconut oil cooking spray
– 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
– 3/4 cup (1 & 1/2 sticks) butter
– 3/4 cup THM Gentle Sweet
– 3 to 4 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 pinches Mineral Salt
– 1/2 cup THM Baking Blend
– 1/2 to 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
– 3/4 cup frozen diced okra (see Note)
– 3 large eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat an 8-inch square or 7 × 9-inch baking pan with coconut oil spray.
2. Place the chocolate and butter in a small ceramic bowl and set above a saucepan of simmering water to melt.
3. Combine all the remaining ingredients except the okra and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Place the eggs and okra in a blender and process until smooth. (If you’re using a full cup of okra, you may need to let the okra thaw a bit first or blend in a couple of batches to get it smooth.)
4. Add the puree to the bowl along with the melted butter and chocolate. Carefully stir to combine ingredients; the secret to moist brownies is not overstirring at this point. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Serene uses a full cup of okra, and her most determined okra-hating son asked for these brownies for his birthday after he tried them. That’s top secret, so don’t tell him. Also, these brownies are perfect left out of the refrigerator and usually get gobbled up before you could think of preserving them, but they get super fudgy when refrigerated so that is another great option.
For DF: Use coconut oil in place of butter.