Grapefruit Slushy (E)
Trim Healthy Mama slushies really shine when you want that something extra after a meal, but you know you already ate your full quota. These are a treat with lots of flavor but barely any fuel. They take a while to eat, so they are great to enjoy while watching a movie or relaxing in the shade on a hot Saturday afternoon.
Serving Size: Single-serve
– 1/2 grapefruit (halved and seeded)
– 1 drop essential grapefruit oil (optional)
– 1/2 cup water
– 12 to 14 large ice cubes
– 3 or 4 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder
1. Peel the grapefruit halves, leaving a lot of the white pith, which contains the health-promoting bioflavonoids. Place one half in the blender with the remaining ingredients. (Save the other half for a snack with 1% cottage cheese.)
2. Blend very well until the ice is completely broken down. You may have to stop the blender, stir things around, then blend again a couple of times.
NSI (If using a store-bought, plan-approved sweetener.)