Green Tea Lemonade (FP)
If you have ever been a fan of the fancy “Shaken Ice Tea” drinks from many coffee shops, you will be excited about our next offering! Those sweet icy drinks can have up to 50 grams of sugar for one drink and Trim Healthy Mamas are just too smart for that kind of nonsense. Try our Green Tea Lemonade at home or make some ahead to sip on while you are on the go for a sweet, refreshing treat that won’t spike your blood sugar nor swell your waistline! Lemons are cleansing, alkalizing and detoxifying while Green tea is slimming, full of antioxidants and nerve calming. You can drink this as an all day sipper if desired! Drink up!
Serving Size: Single-serve; Makes a 1-quart Serving
– 2 green tea tea bags
– Juice of 1 lemon (or 3 Tablespoons of bottled lemon juice)
– 4 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (or other on plan sweetener of your choice)
– 32-ounces water (divided; 16 ounces boiled to brew tea & 16 ounces cold to fill the quart jar)
– Ice cubes (enough to fill a quart jar)
1. Steep tea bags in 2 cups of boiled water for 5 minutes.
2. Remove tea bags and add sweetener and lemon juice.
3. Fill a quart size glass or jar with ice.
4. Pour in the tea mixture and stir.
5. Add enough water to fill the rest of the jar. Approximately 2 cups of water.
6. Adjust sweetener to taste if needed.