Grilled Ratatouille (S)
Ratatouille is traditionally simmered on top of the stove, but the grill brings this dish to a whole new level! Slightly charring these veggies intensifies their already fabulous flavor, making this a summertime favorite for picnics and BBQ’s!
Serving Size: Approximately 8 to 10 people
– 1 medium-size eggplant, cut into 1″ chunks (peel if desired)
– 1 large onion, sliced
– 3 large tomatoes, cut into 2” chunks
– 2 medium-sized zucchini, cut on the diagonal
– 2 medium-sized summer squash, cut on the diagonal
– 3 bell peppers, cored and cut into 2″ pieces
– 2 teaspoons dried thyme
– 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1 teaspoon Mineral Salt
– 1/2 teaspoon pepper
– 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1. Place all cut veggies on large jelly roll pan. Combine olive oil, thyme, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes and whisk. Pour over veggies and toss gently to coat.
2. Grill over medium/high heat, tossing occasionally till tender and lightly charred, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Remove from grill and place veggies in a serving bowl. Add the 1 Tablespoon minced garlic and toss gently to combine.
4. May be grilled ahead and served at room temperature.