Lemon Boost Sun Cake (FP with S option)
This cake sings of citrus flavor! Our secret ingredient is BAOBAB BOOST POWDER, of course… a perfectly sunshiny taste! This cake is FP (adapted from the WWBB bread) and is perfectly spongy and white! Add our decadent S “Cream Cheese Coconut Frosting” for a special treat or keep this FP by using the glaze. This also makes a fantastic breakfast cake. Layer a couple of thin slices between layers of 0% Greek yogurt and berries for a delicious protein-rich start to your day!
Serving Size: Multiple-serve
– 1 & 1/2 cups egg whites
– 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum or Gluccie
– 3/4 cup Unflavored Pristine Protein Powder
– 3/4 cup THM Baking Blend
– 1/4 cup THM Baobab Boost Powder
– 1 cup plain 0% Greek yogurt
– 2 & 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
– 3 Tablespoons THM Super Sweet Blend (or a rounded 1/2 cup THM Gentle Sweet)
– 1/4 teaspoon Mineral Salt
– Juice of 1 lemon
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 to 1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional for a total lemon burst!)
(FP) LEMON GLAZE INGREDIENTS:
– 2 Tablespoons unsweetened nut milk
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– 1/4 cup THM Gentle Sweet
– 1/8 teaspoon pure lemon extract
(S) CREAM CHEESE COCONUT FROSTING INGREDIENTS:
– 4 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese (softened)
– 2 Tablespoons butter (softened)
– 1 to 2 Tablespoons THM Gentle Sweet (depending on your sweet tooth)
– 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Unsweetened coconut flakes (see the Trim Tip in the Recipe Notes)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9 x 5-inch (standard) glass loaf pan with coconut oil spray.
2. Put the egg whites and xanthan gum in the blender and run on high for about 60 seconds.
3. Add all the other ingredients to the blender and blend for another minute or so.
4. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
5. Allow the cake to cool completely and glaze (FP) or frost (S). (See the glazing and frosting instructions below.)
(FP) LEMON GLAZE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Whisk together the ingredients until the glaze is smooth and pourable.
2. Pour the glaze over the cake (it may sink in a bit).
3. Top with 0% Greek yogurt or Reddi-wip and fresh berries, if desired.
Note: Run the Gentle Sweet through a coffee grinder first for an absolutely smooth glaze.
(S) CREAM CHEESE COCONUT FROSTING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Whip together the softened cream cheese and softened butter.
2. Add the Gentle Sweet and the vanilla and mix until smooth.
3. Slice the cake in half length wise to make two cake layers.
4. Frost the bottom layer of the cake with the cream cheese mixture.
5. Carefully place the top layer of cake and frost with the remaining cream cheese mixture. Top with “sweetened coconut flakes”, if desired. (See the Trim Tip below.)
6. Top with fresh berries, if desired.
RECIPE NOTE & TRIM TIP:
To sweeten unsweetened coconut flakes, just toss 1 teaspoon of MCT oil into 1/2 cup of coconut flakes and add a teaspoon or so of Gentle Sweet. Toss to coat evenly.