Slim Sloppy Joes (S)
Grab your big ol’ iron skillet, just like Grandma used to use. Pearl Chats: “My family is crazy about this meal. If it’s not on the menu every week or so, they start asking for it… I love this meal not only for the flavor, but for the ease. You don’t even have to chop anything when you use handy, frozen Seasoning Blend.
Serving Size: Approximately 6 people
– 2 pounds ground meat (beef or venison)
– 2 cups Seasoning Blend: onion, celery, green pepper (frozen, diced)
– 6 ounces tomato paste (1 small can)
– 8 ounces tomato sauce (1 small can)
– 3/4 cup water
– 3 Tablespoons mustard ( or, 4 Tablespoons prepared, yellow mustard)
– 1 teaspoon Mineral Salt
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1 & 1/2 teaspoons THM Super Sweet Blend (or 2 doonks of THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder)
– 1 & 1/2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 1 dash cayenne pepper
1. Brown the meat in a large skillet, then briefly remove the meat and drain most of the fat (keep some in for flavor), return the meat to the skillet. (If your meat is lean, there is no need to drain the fat, so you can save time.
2. Add the Seasoning Blend and saute for a few minutes, stirring the meat.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, stir well, and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Serve on plan-approved bread or make sandwiches with it, adding some grated cheese.
NSI (If using a store-bought, plan-approved sweetener.)
DF (If not topping with grated cheese.)