Strawberry-Kale Salad (S)
You’ll want second helpings of this, but there’s no need to feel guilty loading your plate high! It’s the perfect salad to go with grilled meats for summer time meals.
Serving Size: Approximately 4 people
– 8 to 10 cups kale (or 2 bunches) of Kale (washed & shredded)
– 1/3 cup olive oil
– 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (best if fresh)
– 2 Tablespoons THM Gentle Sweet
– 1/2 teaspoon mineral salt
– 2 cups fresh, sliced strawberries
– 1/4 cup roasted, salted sunflower seeds (or other nuts of choice)
1. Put kale in a large bowl and drizzle olive oil over it. Using your hands, gently mix and massage olive oil into kale. This process will slightly wilt the kale and make for a softer leaf.
2. In a small bowl, mix lemon juice, salt and sweetener. Pour over kale and mix in well.
3. Add strawberries and sunflower seeds (or other nuts of your choice) just before serving.
4. Toss and serve along side of your S meal.
NSI (If using a store-bought, plan-approved sweetener.)