Tangy Bacon Dip (FP)
Perfect for dipping all those summer fresh veggies into or use this dip with Joseph’s low carb pita pieces. Either way you will be very happy!!! You can also scoop out the seeds of a cucumber and fill and enjoy a tasty snack. This dip is crazy simple to make and a perfect protein rich afternoon snack. This will be either a FP or an S recipe on the Trim Healthy Mama plan depending upon whether you choose turkey bacon or regular bacon. Enjoy!
Servings: Approximately 2 or 3 people
– 2 strips turkey bacon (use regular bacon for an S recipe)
– 1 cup 0% Greek yogurt
– 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
– 1/3 teaspoon mineral salt
– 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
– black pepper (to taste)
1. Cook bacon strips, drain on paper towel then crumble into a bowl.
2. Add all other ingredients, combine well and taste to adjust for seasonings (you may prefer more salt and other seasonings).
– As written this recipe makes 2 to 3 very generous servings.
– You may double or even triple the recipe for a family or party size dip.
– Using regular bacon will make this an S Recipe.
– Serve with loads of fresh cut veggies or with Joseph’s Crackers/Chips