Thai Slaw (FP or S)
This is a delightful twist on traditional coleslaw. Super quick and easy to make and fresh with the flavors of lime, vinegar, curry, and peanuts, it will be a tasty addition to any BBQ, picnic or general dinner or lunch meal this summer. Goes great as a bed to any protein source. Grill up some chicken or fish and place it on top or next to it. Without the peanuts this is a tasty FP, add the peanuts and you have a very light S.
Serving Size: Approximately 6 people
– 1-14 oz bag of coleslaw
– 2 Tablespoons THM peanut flour
– 1 teaspoon Gentle Sweet
– 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar (0 carb)
– 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional, but adds great depth of flavor)
– 1 teaspoon red curry paste
– 1 Tablespoon lime juice (bottled or fresh)
– 1 teaspoon sesame oil
– 3 Tablespoons chopped peanuts (optional)
1. Place coleslaw in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Combine peanut flour, Gentle Sweet, rice vinegar, curry paste, lime juice, sesame oil and optional fish sauce in a small bowl and whisk till combined.
3. Combine dressing with coleslaw, mix well then top with optional peanuts. Refrigerate before use.