Vegetable Tray with Rohnda’s Ranch Dressing (S)
We thought about trying to be a bit fancy and use “crudités” in our title for our vegetable tray appetizer – since crudités is a French term that refers to raw vegetables, but we decided to keep things as simple as possible. Crudités is a platter that typically consists of one or more types of vegetables served with one or more dips. These are great for parties and can be served in place of a salad. The sky is the limit as far as what you can place on them – it doesn’t have to be just the standard carrots, celery, broccoli, and cauliflower! Mix and match to discover what you like best. We’ve included “Rohnda’s Ranch Dip” for you here as well…
OPTIONAL VEGETABLE TRAY INGREDIENTS:
– Asparagus (may need blanched)
– Bell Pepper Strips
– Cherry Tomatoes
– Cucumber slices
– Dill Pickle spears
– Green Beans (blanched)
– Endive leaves
– Fennel cuts
– Jicama (peeled & cut into matchsticks)
– Mini Sweet Peppers
– Olives (black or green)
– Sugar Snap Peas
ROHNDA’S RANCH DRESSING
This is a delicious homemade ranch dressing that can be whipped up in a jiffy. What a wonderful treat to able to enjoy a homemade, fresh ranch dressing for all of your salads or dipping needs. This is a multiple-serve recipe that makes about 1 & 1/4 cups.
– 3/4 cup mayonnaise (homemade or store-bought)
– 1/2 cup plain 0% Greek yogurt
– 1 or 2 garlic cloves, minced (or, 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon powdered garlic)
– 1 teaspoon dried parsley
– 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
– 1/2 teaspoon mineral salt
– Dash of black pepper
For the Rohnda’s Ranch Dressing:
1. Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
2. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
For the Vegetable Tray:
1. Choose your favorite fresh veggies from our list of suggestions.
2. The amount to purchase of each veggie that you choose would be based on the number of guests you are serving.
3. Wash fresh veggies, dry thoroughly, and then prep to your liking. Some items will remain whole, others will need to be blanched, and other items may need to be sliced into strips, bite size pieces or sticks.
4. Arrange the fresh veggies onto a serving platter and have your ranch dip nearby for all to enjoy!