Cheesy Zucchini Cups (S)
Warm months are the perfect time to make use of zucchini which is so abundant during the summer months at farmer’s markets or from your own garden. This recipe is a fantastic side dish to any meat based meal or a fun appetizer for friends and family. A big “Yay!” for the fact that it requires no special ingredients at all. Time for a happy dance!
Serving Size: Multiple-serve
– 3 small zucchini (washed and cut into 1/2 inch slices)
– 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes (sliced)
– 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese (or feta cheese)
– 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (green can is fine)
– Mineral Salt (to taste)
– Black Pepper (to taste)
– Fresh basil
– Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
– Bacon bits (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. With a melon baller or small knife, scoop out some of the center of each zucchini slice to create a small bowl shape. Place slices on a foil lined baking sheet.
3. Fill each slice with a small spoonful of your Blue or Feta cheese.
4. Add optional turkey bacon bits (or you can use pork).
5. Top with tomato slices, Parmesan cheese, and a sprinkle of salt & pepper.
6. Optional: Drizzle with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil.
7. Bake at 350 for 7 to 9 minutes or until cheese melts. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
8. Remove from oven and top with fresh basil leaves (use little leaves or roughly chopped bigger leaves).