Guilt Gone Cranberry Pie (S)
Dreaming of a pie that tastes like buttery-sweet-short bread bursting with tart caramelized cranberries? Enjoy this one without guilt. Cranberry Pie has been the chief reason my Huzby cheats every Thanksgiving. I am so cool with him going off plan on this wonderful day of feasting and celebration. I know he’ll get back on plan in a couple of days because he never feels deprived on THM. I created this on Thanksgiving Eve and hoped for the best. I even said a little prayer over the mixing bowl as I tossed in carefully thought out measurements. It was a hallelujah moment when I scanned his face while he skeptically took his first bite and a huge smile lighted on his cranberry crumb lips. He told me it beats the old one hands down! We now enjoy this pie for breakfast, for snacks, and I have a freezer stocked with cranberries so it can be eaten all year long. ñ Serene
Servings: 6 or more people
– 1/2 cup THM Oat Fiber
– 3 eggs
– 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
– 1/4 tsp guar gum (or xanthan gum)
– 1/4 to 1/3 cup THM Super Sweet Blend
– 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
– 1/2 tsp almond extract
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Cut stick of butter into small chunks and put into a mixing bowl with all other ingredients except cranberries.
2. Use your hands to combine all the ingredients wellÖ yes, even the eggs. Really get in there with both hands, get messy and scrunch and mush ingredients together. This is a quick way to get the job done but if this idea grosses you out, simply use a Bosch or other mixing machine.
3. Add cranberries and mix again.
4. Put pie mixture into a well-greased pie dish and bake in a pre-heated oven on 350 for 40 minutes. (Place pie on middle to high rack so the bottom does not burn).
The Guilt Gone Cranberry Pie recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com