Serene chats: “Tahinah is an insanely tasty dip, sandwich spread, or dressing… very similar to hummus, but minus the chickpeas… which means far less carbs, so it can fit into S-mode. I discovered this dip on a recent trip to Israel where it is served with every meal. I loved it so much we’ve been enjoying it in our home ever since and now I have Pearl stuck on it too! Most of us think of pumpkin seeds when it comes to foods rich in zinc, that crucial mineral needed for our immune systems. Sesame seeds, the star ingredient in this recipe, have even higher amounts than pumpkin seeds… they’re loaded!” Please see the Recipe Notes below for serving suggestions.
Serving Size: 1 Multiple-Serve Recipe
– 1 cup tahini (ground sesame seeds)
– 3/4 cup water
– 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
– Fresh garlic (to taste)
– 1 teaspoon Mineral Salt
– 2 rounded Tablespoons THM Baobab Boost Powder
– Black pepper (to taste)
– Ground cumin (to taste)
– Ground coriander (to taste)
– Parsley flakes (for sprinkling on top if desired)
– Paprika (for sprinkling on top if desired)
– Extra virgin olive oil (for drizzling a tiny bit on top)
1. Place all ingredients except for the paprika and dried parsley in a blender and blend for a minute or until mixture thickens.
2. Place the mixture into a bowl and sprinkle with the paprika, dried parsley and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
RECIPE NOTES & SERVING SUGGESTIONS:
– To use as a salad dressing, add more water to thin the mixture to your desired consistency.
– Serve with sliced bell peppers, celery sticks, or cucumber slices.
– Complement for any Egg Bake or Egg Quiche.
– Use as a dip with the Super Salmon Patties or Chicken Cakes.
– Use as a sandwich spread when making sandwiches using the WWBB, Amazing Flatbread (new in this edition of the Trim Healthy Living EZine), or any S-style bread such as Bread in a Mug. (Very small amounts, 1 or 2 teaspoons, can be used as your added fat in your E meals – such as on sprouted bread sandwiches.)
– Dip toasted sourdough or sprouted bread into this Tahinah for an amazing Crossover if you are pregnant, nursing, or not in weight-loss mode.