Cinnamon Butter Bundt Cake – S
We have been working hard for close to a year now on our new cookbook – Trim Healthy Table. We told ourselves… “Hey, let’s just keep this one small. Something doable so we don’t lose our minds.” Joke is on us! There will be over 350 new recipes in this book! They will help you do the Trim Healthy Mama plan with manageable meals so you don’t pull your hair out and give up. They are geared for the whole family! (Of course we put a big ol’ chapter in there that includes recipes for single-serve, no special ingredients, and get ‘er done in 5-10 minutes too.) Our “Cakes” chapter is huge… so with this recipe, we want to give you just a little taste of what is coming with this release.
Even though we love our sweets on THM, they are not everything. We have a huge “Crockpot and Electric Pressure Cooker” chapter, a colossal “Hearty Soup” chapter, a massive “Speedy Skillet Meal” chapter, a “Casseroles and Bakes” chapter… and a lot more. We know you need quick and tasty meals so all these upcoming recipes will help you get your Trim Healthy game on like a pro! You and your family can trim down and fill up. Now… enjoy this Cinnamon Butter Bundt Cake while you are waiting for our book…. it will be out September 5, 2017.
Ingredients for the Cinnamon Butter Bundt Cake:
– 8 tablespoons (1 stick) softened butter
– 1 cup THM Gentle Sweet
– 3 eggs
– ½ cup egg whites
– 2 cups THM Baking Blend
– 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
– ½ teaspoon mineral salt
– 1½ teaspoons cinnamon (more for dusting the pan)
– 1 cup unsweetened cashew or almond milk
– ¼ cup heavy cream
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon butter extract
Ingredients for the Cinnamon Butter Glaze:
– ¼ cup butter
– 3 tablespoons THM Gentle Sweet
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– ¼ – ½ teaspoon butter extract
– 2 tablespoons unsweetened cashew or almond milk (or water)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 10-inch bundt pan thoroughly with coconut oil cooking spray or grease it well with butter. Sprinkle cinnamon liberally all over the pan so it sticks to the oil or butter.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and Gentle Sweet with an electric beater. Now add eggs and beat until smooth followed by egg whites. Keep beating for another half minute. Add Baking Blend, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Beat again until the mixture is well combined. Now add nut milk, heavy cream, and the vanilla and butter extracts and beat for another half minute or so.
3. Using a spatula, scrape the batter into prepared pan. Smooth the top of the cake with the spatula and bake for 40 minutes. Allow the cake to cool on the counter. Once close to cool, use a knife to pull the edges away from the pan, and invert it onto a cake plate. (If only half of the cake comes out at once, it is not the end of the world… just loosen the other half and put it back together on the plate – you’ll be poking holes in it anyway.)
4. Now, poke holes all over the cake with a chopstick or other utensil. Melt the Cinnamon Butter Glaze ingredients together in a small saucepan. Spoon the melted mixture all over the cake, allowing it to drizzle into the holes and smear around the edges of the cake.
For NSI (No Special Ingredients):
Use a frugal Baking Blend flour replacement and an on-plan sweetener from the grocery store.