Meadow’s Lemon Coconut Truffles – S
Nothing says “Spring” like lemon and coconut. These melt-in-your mouth truffles will be a delight at any Spring or Mother’s Day gathering…
Pearl Chats: “My daughter Meadow has a way with Trim Healthy Mama desserts. She constantly comes up with scrumptious (and kind-to-the-waistline) sweet treats. Our whole family is only too happy to sample. This is one of my favorite recipes of hers. This recipe is found in the ‘Sweet Treats – Candies and Bars’ section of the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook, page 386. This recipe is a multiple-serve recipe.”
– 3 ounces cream cheese (1∕3 less fat works well)
– Juice of 1/2 to 1 large lemon
– 2 tablespoons coconut flour
– 2 to 3 tablespoons THM Super Sweet Blend (ground in a coffee grinder)
(OR) use double amounts THM Gentle Sweet
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil
– Dash of vanilla extract
– Pinch of Mineral Salt
– Unsweetened shredded coconut, for rolling
1. In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients except the coconut. Roll the mixture into little balls, then roll the balls in the coconut.
2. Place the truffles on a nonstick surface, store in the freezer until serving, then allow to sit out for 10 minutes or so for the best texture.
This is a NSI (No Special Ingredients) recipe if you use a store-bought, plan-approved sweetener.