Timothy’s Apple Cinnamon Cream
Cheese Muffins – S
This recipe is by Timothy Heath, the 2019 Trim Healthy You Curriculum Holiday Recipe Contest winner for the High School category. These muffins will be sure to be a Holiday crowd pleaser… even with the grinchiest of grinches!
Serving Size: Makes 6 Muffins
– 1 cup almond flour
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 2 to 2 & 1/2 Tablespoons THM Super Sweet Blend
– Pinch of salt
– 1 & 1/2 Tablespoons coconut flour
– 2 eggs
– 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1/4 cup melted butter
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
– 1/2 cup of diced apples
Cream Cheese Filling…
– 4 ounces softened cream cheese
– 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 teaspoon heavy cream
– 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 to 2 Tablespoons THM Gentle Sweet
– 1/4 cup THM Gentle Sweet (OR) 1 to 1 & 1/2 Tablespoons THM Super Sweet Blend
– 1/4 teaspoon black strap molasses (for flavoring)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 6 muffin cups.
2. For the muffin batter, mix all the dry ingredients first and then add the wet ones in. Mix well. Fold in the diced apples.
3. For the filling, beat all ingredients until well blended.
4. For the topping, mix together well the black strap molasses and either the Gentle Sweet or Super Sweet Blend. Set aside
5. Put 2 Tablespoons of the muffin batter in each muffin cup. Set the remaining batter to the side.
6. Spoon in approximately 1 Tablespoon of the cream cheese filling into each muffin cup and then top the filling with a spoonful of the remaining batter. Sprinkle the cinnamon and the molasses/sweetener mixture onto each muffin.
7. Bake at 350° F for 22 minutes or until set.
* Timothy’s Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese Muffins recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com