Breakfast Casserole (S)
This is very creamy and you’ll know you’re eating a doozy of an S-type of breakfast. We have our friend Jennifer Morris to thank for sharing this recipe with us.
Serving Size: Family-serve; Feeds Approximately 6
– 8 ounces cooked, chopped breakfast meat (such as breakfast sausage or turkey)
– 4 slices bacon (cooked until crisp and crumbly)
– 8 eggs, whisked
– 1 bell pepper (cored, seeded, and diced)
– 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese (or, any other grated cheese)
– 2 Tablespoons butter
– 1/4 cup diced onion
– 1/2 cup chicken broth
– 1/2 teaspoon THM Glucomannan (“Gluccie”)
– 1/4 cup heavy cream
– 1/4 cup water
– Mineral Salt
– Black pepper
– Coconut oil cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the breakfast meat, bacon, eggs, bell pepper, and 1 cup of the cheese in a large bowl.
3. Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the onion, cook until soft, about 2 minutes, then add the broth. Slowly whisk in the Gluccie, stirring until thickened. Add the cream and water and keep whisking. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Stir the sauce into the egg mixture. Lightly coat a 9 × 13-inch baking pan with coconut oil spray and pour the egg mixture into the pan. Top with the remaining cheese.
5. Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
The creamy sauce here can be used in any recipe that calls for a “cream of” soup! Awesome, huh?
This is a NSI (no special ingredients) recipe if using xanthan gum instead of the THM Gluccie.
The Breakfast Casserole recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com