Chocolate Drizzled Donuts – S
These are not your cut-out type of donuts; the recipe makes a loose batter that you pour into a donut form and bake in the oven or use an electric donut maker. They cook up quickly and are delicious with our Handy Chocolate Syrup drizzled over them! But then again, the Handy Chocolate Syrup is delicious over anything you want to make chocolatey!
Serving Size: Family-serve
For the Donuts…
– Coconut oil spray
– 3 large eggs
– 1/3 cup sour cream (for dairy-free use canned, full-fat coconut milk)
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup water (or unsweetened almond or cashew milk)
– 6 Tablespoons melted butter (or melted coconut oil)
– 1 cup THM Baking Blend
– 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
– 1/8 teaspoon Mineral Salt
– 1/2 cup THM Gentle Sweet (or 1/4 cup THM Super Sweet Blend)
For the Donut Topping – Handy Chocolate Syrup recipe…
– 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons water
– 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 3/4 cup THM Gentle Sweet
– 1/4 scant teaspoons Mineral Salt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350∞ F, if you are baking the donuts. Lightly coat a donut form with coconut oil cooking spray. If using an electric donut maker, consult the manufacturerís instructions for preheating and grease well.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, vanilla, water, and 1/4 cup melted butter. Add the Baking Blend, baking powder, salt, and Gentle Sweet and stir to combine.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared donut form and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden on top. Or, follow the manufacturerís instructions for cooking the donuts in an electric donut maker; usually the donuts cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until brown.
4. Remove the donuts from the form or maker, and brush with the remaining 2 to 3 Tablespoons melted butter.
5. Drizzle the butter-brushed donuts with Handy Chocolate Syrup.
For the Handy Chocolate Syrup…
1. Put all the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium high heat, and whisk often while it comes to a boil. Take the saucepan off the heat, turn the heat to low, then return the saucepan to the heat and whisk well while the mixture simmers gently for a couple of minutes.
2. Drizzle over the butter-brushed donuts.
3. For storage on any remaining Handy Chocolate Syrup, allow the chocolate syrup to cool a little, then pour into a small jar with a lid. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use. The mixture will thicken more as it cools.
This recipe can be made dairy-free by using full-fat coconut milk instead of sour cream and coconut oil or ghee instead of butter.
The Chocolate Drizzled Donuts recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com