Cran-Apple Holiday Breakfast Muffins (E)
Sink your teeth into one of these delicious cranberry-apple muffins, kissed with an orange flavored burst! All the flavors of this season with none of the harm of sugar and empty starches. These muffins will be great for your next Holiday family gathering or any time during this festive season. These are easy to prep-ahead so you can grab-and-go when running out the door on busy Holiday mornings or enjoy with a cup of coffee for a cozy afternoon treat.
Serving Size: Makes Approximately 12 Muffins
For the Muffins…
– 2 cups old-fashioned oats ground into flour
– 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
– 1/2 cup THM Gentle Sweet
– 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
– 1 cup frozen or fresh cranberries
– 3/4 cup egg whites (carton or fresh)
– 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1 & 1/2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
– 2 pinches Mineral Salt
– 1 to 2 teaspoons extracts of choice (We recommend 1/2 teaspoon each of vanilla, orange, and almond.)
– 1/4 cup THM Integral Collagen (optional, for added protein)
– Coconut oil cooking spray
For the Topping…
– 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
– 1 Tablespoon THM Super Sweet Blend
– 3 Tablespoons pecans (chopped finely)
– 1/2 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
1. Preheat the oven to 425∞ F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake or muffin liners and coat the liners with coconut oil cooking spray.
2. Combine all the muffin batter ingredients in a large bowl, then divide among the 12 muffin cups and set aside.
3. For the topping, stir all the ingredients together and top each muffin with 1/2 Tablespoon of the topping mixture. The pecans will be your added fat and will not take you out of E-range.
4. Bake for 17 to 18 minutes at 425∞ F or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.
The Cran-Apple Holiday Breakfast Muffins recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com