Loaded Egg Bake (S)
This recipe was created by Pearl and Serene’s Mom, Mrs. Nancy Campbell. This is a quick recipe that is “loaded” with lot’s of non-starchy veggies and all kinds of wonderful superfoods like miso, baobob powder, apple cider vinegar, and collagen. You can use this recipe for a big dinner for your family or you can pre-make and bake this recipe and cut it into “Egg Squares” for a quick breakfast on the run that can be reheated in a jiffy!
Serving Size: Family-serve; Feeds More than 8
– 24 eggs (2 dozen)
– 1 to 2 cups egg whites
– 2 to 3 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
– 1/4 teaspoon Mineral Salt (or more to taste; use more if you do not have miso)
– 2 to 3 Tablespoons miso (optional)
– 2 scoops THM Integral Collagen (optional)
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 3 sprinkles garlic powder (or to taste)
– 2 to 3 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
– 2 to 3 Tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari)
– 2 to 3 Tablespoons THM Baobab Boost Powder (optional)
– 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 3 squirts mesquite flavored liquid smoke
– 3 habanero peppers (optional; just use the bottom or “botts” of the pepper, cut the tops off)
– 3 handfuls fresh kale (roughly chopped)
– 3 cups chopped bell peppers (use any colors you like)
– 3 cups fresh, sliced mushrooms
– Fresh, minced garlic (any amount to your personal taste)
– Coconut oil cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with coconut oil cooking spray and set aside.
2. Crack all of your eggs into a blender, add the egg whites, all of the seasonings and the bottoms of the habanero peppers.
3. Blend on high until the mixture is blended and combined well.
4. Pour half of the egg mixture into the prepared baking pan.
5. Next, place the kale, bell peppers, mushrooms, and fresh garlic on top of the egg mixture.
6. Gently press the veggies down and squish them down into the egg mixture a few times.
7. Then pour the remaining egg mixture on top of the veggies and continue to squish and press down 5 to 6 times as this allows the egg mixture to come up through all of the veggies.
8. Take the coconut oil pan spray and spray the top of the casserole dish, as this will crisp up any kale that is poking up and those pieces of kale will be like kale chips.
9. Bake for one hour in a 350 degree oven.
This is a dairy-free recipe.
The Loaded Egg Bake recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com