Variety Crockpot Oatmeals (E)
Wake up to a hearty, hot breakfast all ready and waiting! Crockpot Oatmeals are especially great during the Holidays when your house is full of family and overnight house guests! Feed the whole family or just yourself, and refrigerate or freeze any leftovers. Sometimes people shy away from cooking oatmeal in their crockpot because it can get either too mushy or too dried out. This is especially true when cooking old-fashioned rolled oats. There is a remedy for this, however. Put your oats and other ingredients in a heat-safe ceramic or glass bowl in the crockpot and surround it with water. This water bath allows the oats to cook more slowly.
Steel-cut oats hold up much better in the crockpot and are the usual favorite for cooking this way. It requires using almost double the liquid than what old-fashioned oats need, so less grain is required. It is less important to use a water bath when cooking steel-cut oats, but you can still do it and see if you like the results better. Don’t rule old-fashioned oats out, they can turn out super yummy, too; it’s all about your personal preference. The following recipes include some unsweetened almond or cashew milk, but if your budget is tight, using all water to cook the oats won’t be a problem at all.
Serving Size: Family-serve; Serves 6
APPLE CINNAMON CROCKPOT OATMEAL
– 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, or 1 & 1/2 cups steel-cut oats
– 3 & 1/2 cups water
– 3 cups unsweetened almond or cashew milk
– 3 large apples, peeled, cored, and diced
– 2 & 1/2 Tablespoons THM Super Sweet Blend
– 1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg (optional)
– 1/3 teaspoon Mineral Salt
– 3 scoops THM Pristine Whey Protein (optional)
1. Put all the ingredients in a heat-safe bowl that can fit into your crockpot. Stir well and place the bowl in the cooker. Add enough water to come halfway up around the bowl.
2. Turn on to low heat right before hitting the sack. Cook all night. In the morning, stir well before serving.
CHOCY NUT CROCKPOT OATMEAL
Use the same ingredients as in the master recipe, except omit the apples and cinnamon, increase the Super Sweet Blend to 1/4 cup (however, you may prefer the taste of THM Gentle Sweet in double amounts in this version), and add 1/3 cup THM Pressed Peanut Flour and 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa. Use 1/2 teaspoon Mineral Salt.
BANANA BREAD CROCKPOT OATMEAL
Use the same ingredients as in the master recipe, but omit the apple and cinnamon and include 2 to 3 large sliced bananas. Include 1 & 1/2 teaspoons pure banana extract and 1 & 1/2 teaspoons grated nutmeg.
CHERRY ALMOND CROCKPOT OATMEAL
Use the same ingredients as in the master recipe, but omit the apples and cinnamon and add 2 to 3 cups frozen cherries and 2 teaspoons almond extract.
These recipes are NSI (no special ingredients) recipes if you substitute a store-bought, plan-approved sweetener and leave out the whey protein powder. These recipes are dairy-free if you leave out the whey protein powder.
*These recipes and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com