Trim Healthy BBQ Beans (E)
A BBQ just isn’t complete without a side of BBQ beans!
Servings: 4 Servings
– 1 small/medium onion (diced)
– 1 teaspoon coconut oil (or butter)
– 1 Tablespoon water
– 1-14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
– 4 teaspoons onion powder
– 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
– 3 Tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
– 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 3 Tablespoons paprika
– 1/8 to 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, to taste (1/8 tsp for mild, 1/2 tsp for spicy, and 1 full for hot)
– 2 & 1/2 teaspoons Mineral Salt
– 1 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
– 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses, optional
– 4 teaspoons THM Super Sweet Blend (or 4 doonks Pure Stevia Extract)
– 2-15 ounce cans white beans (such as Great Northern)
1. Place diced onion and butter in a small saucepan set to medium heat. Allow onions to cook for a couple minutes, tossing well in the butter. Add the water and continue to cook them until they become softer and a golden color.
2. Place all other ingredients, except for beans, in a blender and process until smooth.
3. Add the beans and blended ingredients to saucepan with lid and cook over low to medium until heated through.
4. Leftover sauce can be added to the beans, if needed, or stored in the refrigerator.