Apricot Good Girl Moonshine (FP)
This recipe comes to us from one of the THM Community’s favorite Facebook Admins, Esther Smith. Esther is also one of our Content Assistants for our Trim Healthy Membership site. Esther excitedly says: ìI have always loved the original GGMS but this is a flavor explosion like no other!!! The Natural Burst Apricot is so natural tasting it is out of this world delicious and refreshing! This is like I am having fruit juice with my breakfast and Iím not in danger of spiking my blood sugar!! The flavor reminds me of those little cans of apricot nectar I used to buy a really long time ago for different things.
I added a half teaspoon of the Apricot Natural Burst to a one-quart batch of the original GGMS. Classic THM recipe plus 1 simple addition of the Apricot Natural Burst equals outstanding flavor!!!î
Serving Size: Single-serve; 1-quart All-Day Sipper
– 1 to 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar (“with the mother”)
– 1/2 teaspoon THM Apricot Natural Burst extract
– 1 teaspoon ground Ginger
– 2 to 4 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (or 2 to 3 teaspoons THM Super Sweet Blend) (to taste)
– Ice Cubes
– Water (enough to fill the quart jar)
1. Put the apple cider vinegar, Apricot Natural Burst extract, ginger, sweetener, and extract of choice (if using) into a quart-size jar. Add a little bit of water so you are able to stir the ingredients.
2. Fill the jar with ice cubes, then add more water (or cooled tea of choice) until the liquid reaches the top of the jar. Stir well, then taste and adjust the flavors to ìown it!î
If youíd rather use fresh ginger, blend a good-size nob of the root (about 5 ounces) with 3/4 cup water until it is completely broken down. Now add 1 & 1/4 cups more water (for a total of 2 cups) and blend well again. Pour into ice-cube trays and place in freezer. When frozen, put the cubes in zippies and store in the freezer. Use 1 or 2 of these ginger cubes in place of the powder in your Good Girl Moonshine.
NSI (If you use an on-plan, store-bought sweetener.)