Butter Me Up Banana Bread (S)
We gave you BAM (Bust-A-Myth) Banana Cake as an E. Yes, it is delicious. But, since it uses real bananas, you canít slather butter on it unless you want a Crossover. Nothing wrong with a Crossover now and then but not what you want to eat too frequently if you are in weight shedding mode. Introducing your new friendÖ finally a banana bread you can spread some butter on with no Crossover happening in the process! The Banana Natural Burst makes all this possibleÖ lots of natural banana flavor without the carbs. The ground flax added to the Baking Blend gives a lovely banana color and helps with a denser, more banana-y texture. Did we mention this is a super easy recipe that you canít really mess up? Go! Pop it in the oven!
Serving Size: Multiple-serve
– 3/4 cup THM Baking Blend
– 3/4 cup Flax Meal (either brown or golden ground flax)
– 1 cup THM Gentle Sweet
– 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
– Rounded 1/4 teaspoon Mineral Salt
– 2 Eggs
– 1/2 cup Egg Whites
– 3 Tablespoons melted Butter or Coconut Oil
– 1/3 cup Water
– 1 Tablespoon THM Banana Natural Burst extract
– 1/3 cup finely chopped Walnuts or Pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9×5 or 8.5 x 4.5 loaf tin with coconut oil or other cooking spray. (Olive oil spray may work the best).
2. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk well so there are no lumps.
3. Push dry ingredients to one side of bowl, crack in the two eggs on the other side and whisk them for about 20 seconds. Add egg whites, melted butter, water, and banana extract. Stir well altogether. Add nuts and stir just enough to mix.
4. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until done.