Becky’s Chicken Tortilla Soup (E)
This crockpot recipe is by Coach Becky Yoder from A Better You with Coach Becky. It’s an easy fix it and forget it crock pot meal bursting with flavor!
Serving Size: Family-serve; Approximately 8
– 1 & 1/2 pounds chicken breasts uncooked
– 1 (15-ounce) can corn
– 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
– 1 (10-ounce) jar salsa
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 1 (4-ounce) jar of green chilies
– 2 cloves garlic minced
– 2 cups water
– 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
– 2 Tablespoons “Becky’s Taco Seasoning” (Recipe below in the Recipe Note area.)
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 bay leaf
– 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
– Your choice tortilla chips (See Serving Suggestion below.)
1. Line a crockpot with chicken breasts.
2. Place all other ingredients on top of chicken and stir gently to combine. Cook in your slow cooker on low, for 8 hours.
3. One hour before serving, remove the bay leaf and toss. Remove the chicken breast and shred. Return shredded chicken to crock pot and let it cook for remaining hour. Serve with baked tortilla chips on the side.
“Becky’s Taco Seasoning” Ingredients…
– 2 Tablespoons chili powder
– 2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
– 4 & 1/2 teaspoons cumin
– 1 Tablespoon onion powder
– 2 & 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
– 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– For My Chips… I bake a corn tortilla from Trader Joe’s. You could also use a few Tostado’s Baked Tortilla Chips or half of a Toasted Joseph Lavash Bread.
– For a THM Crossover… My family enjoys their soup topped with cheese and sour cream.
Becky’s Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe can be seen on Becky’s site here.
The Becky’s Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com