Sarah’s Super Quick Butternut Soup (E)
This is an Instant Pot (electric pressure cooker) recipe by Coach Sarah Truitt from A”ray”a Hope Health. Stove top instructions are also included for those who prefer that method.
Serving Size: Multiple-serve; Approximately 4
– 2 teaspoons coconut oil
– 1 small chopped onion
– 1 cup carrots (I used baby carrots and dumped them in whole.)
– 4 cups bone broth (See Recipe Note below.)
– 4 cups butternut squash (I used frozen.)
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon THM Super Sweet Blend
INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Place coconut oil in instant pot on sauté mode, sauté together onion and carrots for 5 minutes. I did not chop the baby carrots.
2. Place remaining ingredients in Instant Pot and cook at pressure for 8 minutes.
3. Quick pressure release or let natural pressure release, if you have time, then let cool for a few minutes.
4. Use a blender or blender stick to puree the soup.
5. Enjoy! This is a more broth-based soup, than thick.
STOVE TOP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Sauté the coconut oil, carrots and onions on the stove for 5 minutes.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil, reduce to medium, cook covered for 30 minutes.
3. Use a blender or blender stick to purée once cooked through.
– Concerning the bone broth… I used one with 10 grams of protein per cup of broth, you will want to add protein if use a traditional stock, such as lean chicken, grilled or from a can.
– Enjoy 1/4 of the soup with some added chicken or a lean protein of your choice, add a side salad with low-fat dressing and maybe a small portion of your favorite fruit.
You can view this recipe on Sarah’s site here.
Sarah’s Super Quick Butternut Soup recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com