Mama Fox’ Spicy Light Chili (E)
This recipe is by Coach Shannon Fox from Trim Healthy Fox! Shannon says: “Here’s one of my favorite easy E meals. Actually, this is my husband’s hands-down favorite white chili – and believe me, we’ve tried many different versions, but this spicy-loving family prefers the kick in the pants flavor of this one. Hope you enjoy this lighter chili, too!”
Serving Size: Family-serve; Approximately 6
– 1 onion
– 2 (15-ounce) cans or 1 quart chicken broth
– 2 (10-ounce) cans diced Rotel brand tomatoes
– 2 (15.5-ounce) cans great northern beans
– 2 (12.5-ounce) cans chicken breast meat
– 1 & 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
– 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1. Chop onion and brown in pan.
2. Combine all of the canned ingredients into a large soup pot.
3. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a small bowl, then add to soup pot.
4. Add browned onions to soup pot.
5. Simmer 1-hour for best flavor.
– This is a pretty light E meal, so feel free to enjoy a small fruit on the side or a slice of sprouted toast for dunking.
– For hubby and growing kids, top their chili with shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream for a nice Crossover (XO) meal.
The Mama Fox’ Spicy Light Chili recipe and other delicious THM recipes can be found at www.TrimHealthyMembership.com